Friday, February 10, 2017

#BooksThatChangedMyLife



#RichDadPoorDad 20 years later…

Can you really believe that it's been 20 years since #RichDadPoorDad was published?


It was published April 11, 1997 as an 'intro' manual to a new game Rob had just created, the Cashflow Quadrant. Only for the book to outsell the game itself.

You see, in life, some of our biggest achievements will come from places we least expected. They will come, not as a result of LUCK, but as a bonus owing to your HARDWORK and PERSEVERANCE albeit pure faithfulness of the almighty God.

I'd forever be grateful to this book for breaking my (financial) virginity. When I picked it up to read at first, I simply couldn't understand jack. Because the texts were simply above my grade and intellectual capacity at that time; everything appeared like Greek. πŸ˜‚.

That reminds me of my first day in a Mandarin class in Zambia. 😭. I no know who send me go learn Chinese sef. Smh 🀦‍♂️. Thinking of going back though.

Forgive me for straying away from the crux of this article, so the initial hiccups I stumbled into, I soldiered on and came back to it a few months later (after reading less sophisticated but yet impactful books like 'Acre of Diamond', 'The Richest Man in Babylon'), in my first year in the university, and it never left me the same way.

I'm 'wealthier' today because I've followed the PRINCIPLES and tips in this book RELIGIOUSLY. For instance, I bought my first car cash-down instead of financing it via car loan. Of course it wasn't brand new. The average young man would rather prefer to drive a brand new car (bought via loan) than buy a house. I did the exact opposite. Bought a brand-new house and a 'used' car πŸš— instead cos a house is an ASSET but a car is a LIABILITY. 😊

A wise man once said: "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17)

In ancient Greece, Aristotle commented on the role of repetition in learning. REPETITION is the MOTHER of LEARNING, the FATHER of ACTION, which makes it the ARCHITECT of ACHIEVEMENTS, he asserted.

So, I have just ordered to the 20th anniversary edition so I can relieve the experience all over again. I can't wait to start again from where it all began.

You should too! 😊

PS: if you're interested in ordering a copy, just drop a message for me and I'd send you the link. Rob is doing a promo where you'd pay for one book but get an extra one and a workbook to go with it.


My Top 10 All-time Great Books:
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Influential People (Stephen R. Covey)
2. The Richest Man in Babylon (George S. Clarson)
3. Thing & Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill)
5. Who Moved My Cheese (Spencer Johnson)
6. Good To Great (Jim Collins
7. Bad Samaritans (Ha-Joon Chang)
8. The Jewish Phenomenon (Steven Silbiger)
9. Outliers (Malcolm Gladwell)
10. Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren)





No comments:

What are you reading this weekend?

Just got a delivery of Tomie Balogun's bestselling book #InvestmentClubs; How To Create Wealth Beyond Your Pay-cheque By Investing Wi...